Screen St Ives is based in the St Ives Corn Exchange in the centre of town. It was founded in 2011 by a group of film enthusiasts and ACE – Friends of St Ives Corn Exchange – to enable the screening of films for the benefit of the whole community.
Films are screened on the first Friday of each month in the Tony Burgess Room. Our varied programme aims to promote access to cinema, to encourage interest in film as an art form and to contribute towards a stronger sense of community within St Ives and the surrounding area.
Screen St Ives is proud to support local film makers and community groups. A locally-produced short (sometimes by students at St Ivo School) will often start the show and may be introduced by the film maker.
In partnership with the Cambridge Film Consortium and the BFI, we have recently offered film classes, exploring British Home Front films, Hitchcock’s women and introducing Close Readings. We plan to continue with this strand. Opportunites for further outreach events are in the pipeline.
Funds raised by SSI goes towards the purchase of dedicated cinema equipment in the Tony Burgess Room and in the Main Hall, to allow other regular or special film events to take place.
For more details see http://www.screenstives.org.uk/
Twitter for Screen St Ives
- Our screening of The Greatest Showman this Friday is now SOLD OUT! @stivescornex 7 days ago
- Ladies & Gents, this is the moment you've waited for! On Friday 18 Jan, the smash hit musical The Greatest Showman… https://t.co/WeJIWtnBsz 2 weeks ago
- TONIGHT! We're showing the life-affirming I Got Life! Come and join us to see one of the best French films from las… https://t.co/1NiUIovEuC 3 weeks ago
- A Happy New Year to all our friends and customers! Kick off 2019 in style this Thursday 3 January @stivescornex w… https://t.co/aJSd98bNG5 3 weeks ago
- Our festive treat for 2018 is the magical Paddington 2! Watch the trailer below and then book your seats for Thursd… https://t.co/P8dJpfI8Cd 1 month ago