12 Incompetent Jurors is a stage parody of the film ‘12 Angry Men’. A Jury must decide if a man, accused of abducting half a dozen cats, is guilty. It seems an open and shut case, however there’s [...]
Our aim is to provide young people who are currently in secondary education with opportunities to develop their performance skills through a variety of communication methods. Through working in all areas of stage craft – including the support of performances through stage-management, technical support, marketing, costumes and make-up – young people are encouraged to develop the self-confidence and personal qualities that will sustain them through life. Team-working, self-respect and respect for others are key to our ethos. As well as developing performance skills and rehearsing, we organise trips to amateur and professional productions as well as educational visits to encourage understanding of the issues behind the pieces performed.
Can I Join?
Membership is open to anyone in secondary education in Huntingdonshire and is achieved through Audition. Our next full auditions will be in the autumn – entrance is at the discretion of the adjudicating panel. If you are interested in joining SIYT, if you want to take part, download an application form from our website with a recent photograph. And we’ll be in touch!
Social networks for St Ives Youth Theatre ( SIYT )
Twitter feed for St Ives Youth Theatre SIYT
- @olivia_morg3 Not from me you wouldn’t! 1 week ago
- RT @ChrisDavisMgt : CAN YOU HELP?! The @DearZooLive van has been STOLEN today containing all the staging, set & costumes. It is now tracked… 4 weeks ago
- No worries! Good luck to all in Connections, it’s a fantastic experience, we were lucky enough to open the 2015 pro… https://t.co/sDJNuNIegg 4 weeks ago
- Well done all, but not this @SIYT we are in Cambridgeshire xx https://t.co/RWf7HzGQ21 4 weeks ago
- RT @iamchuss : "Amateur" theatre groups don't exist if they care about what they're doing, as I explain here: https://t.co/bg2n42nXtn 4 weeks ago