St Ives Youth Theatre (SIYT) has been chosen to take part in a National Theatre programme. The group, which finished its latest production The Ragged Child in July, will take part in the National [...]
Our aim is to provide young people who are currently in secondary education with opportunities to develop their performance skills through a variety of communication methods. Through working in all areas of stage craft – including the support of performances through stage-management, technical support, marketing, costumes and make-up – young people are encouraged to develop the self-confidence and personal qualities that will sustain them through life. Team-working, self-respect and respect for others are key to our ethos. As well as developing performance skills and rehearsing, we organise trips to amateur and professional productions as well as educational visits to encourage understanding of the issues behind the pieces performed.
Can I Join?
Membership is open to anyone in secondary education in Huntingdonshire and is achieved through Audition. Our next full auditions will be in the autumn – entrance is at the discretion of the adjudicating panel. If you are interested in joining SIYT, if you want to take part, download an application form from our website with a recent photograph. And we’ll be in touch!
Social networks for St Ives Youth Theatre ( SIYT )
Twitter feed for St Ives Youth Theatre SIYT
- RT @StIvoSch : Introducing Samy and Ellie our new Head Boy and Head Girl https://t.co/ETqTU7a5fj 16 hours ago
- RT @Wholeschool : Be kind to each other, it's far easier than you think.. #ChildrensMentalHealthWeek #MentalHealthAwareness #BeKind 2 weeks ago
- @dudeitslucy Subway too 😳 2 months ago
- @TheStage Words fail me! What a crusty, grey Dinosaur 😡 2 months ago
- RT @DarcSowers : “Artists are greedy for wanting to be paid and paid according to their skill level.” No. You know what’s greedy? Going up… 3 months ago