Westfield Junior School is a thriving learning community in the centre of St Ives. The school is fortunate to benefit from extensive grounds and from the amenities available within St Ives. We have a dedicated, hardworking team of staff who ensure they have high expectations of the pupils in their care and find ways to enhance the curriculum through trips, visitors and enrichment opportunities.
Our Mission Statement:
Achieve what is possible
Be happy and help other be happy
Our school is located on Ramsey Road in St Ives, Cambridgeshire. Westfield Junior School educates pupils from ages 7 to 11 in school years 3 to 6. This stage of education is called Key Stage 2 in the English National Curriculum.
Most of our pupils join us at Year 3 (approximately seven years of age) and transfer to various secondary schools when age 11. Eastfield Infant and Nursey is our main feeder school and is situated next door. All local infant schools provide full details of the transfer process and distribute admission forms. For admissions from outside the local area, details of the process, which is administered by Cambridgeshire County Council, can be found in the links below. Applications can be made online.
We are a large, friendly and successful school made up of 12 classes. In addition to our main nine classroom spaces which all have interactive whiteboards installed, we have a large hall, library and two double mobile classrooms. We are also fortunate to enjoy extensive school grounds which include a picnic area, orchard, pond, two football pitches, two netball courts, trim trail, courtyard with outdoor classroom space, an environmental area, allotment and for the warmer months an outdoor swimming pool.
The school day begins at 9am and ends at 3:20pm. Doors from the playground open for the children to come in from 8:50am and are closed at 9am when all pupils are expected to have entered the building. Pupils arriving late will need to go to the school office to be signed in by office staff before going to their classroom. Most days will begin with a whole school assembly in the hall. There is a 15 minute morning break time, usually at 10:30am and our lunch time runs from 12:20pm to 1:20pm. Occassionally, the structure of the school day may be altered to allow for particular events or activities. Any school trips or activities that extend beyond the end of the usual school day will be publicised to parents well in advance.
Westfield Junior School, St Ives twitter feed
- Year 4 are pleased to be safely back home and all of the children and adults have had a super time, although ready… https://t.co/g1yuJoR18P 4 weeks ago
- We are looking forward to seeing our intrepid Year 4s on their return from Caythorpe. Estimated time of arrival is now 3:45pm. 4 weeks ago
- Mr Fryer is doing two crazy challenges for charity. Look at his Just Giving page to see what he is up to… https://t.co/3HYE3Ncaej 2 months ago
- Power is now restored! So we will be open as usual tomorrow. 👍 2 months ago
- We can confirm that electricity has been fully restored to the school and we will be open tomorrow as expected. 2 months ago
- Just to let you know we are currently without power as of 2pm this afternoon. Phone lines are also down. We are in… https://t.co/QTsprqChJu 2 months ago