Holt Island is a beautiful green and tranquil space on the River Great Ouse close to St Ives Town Centre and accessible to all.
It is predominantly mature wet woodland (a rare local habitat) and a small area has been replanted with osier (willow) to reintroduce the traditional craft of cultivating and working with willow.
The reserve has a circular boardwalk plus seating, and there are lovely views across the flood meadows and towards the town bridge. An idyllic and peaceful setting for both visitors and locals.
The Island can be visited, free of charge, on weekends and Bank Holidays, April-September, from 10am-4pm
The Friends of Holt Island, St Ives Group aims to:
• Promote the use and enjoyment of Holt Island and associated sites for the benefit of all
• Improve, extend and advance all services provided to the public
• Promote the preservation of Holt Island and associated sites
With your help we can:
• Help maintain and improve facilities • Organise fund-raising activities and seek grants
• Support projects • Provide practical volunteer assistance to the Rangers
• Arrange social events and walks • Increase our influence
We should love to welcome you as a Friend of Holt Island Nature Reserve.
Interested in joining The Friends of Holt Island? – click here for the membership details
The Friends of Holt Island, St Ives produce a magazine on a regular basis, The Islander. Below are some of the recent editions: